Wednesday 20 April 2011

A Rose by any Other Name



I made a pan of chocolate chip cookie bars and when taking them out of the oven my wrist turned into a cooked noodle and the pan of cookie bars went crashing to the floor.  Warm gooey cookie bars on the floor, on the cupboard doors and a bit on my slippers.
Oh NO! I said, which is good because I have impressionable teenagers in my house.  They are still sorting through 'not allowed', 'cool', 'acceptable' and 'correct' so I have been oh so careful with my language.  Still every once in a while one will fly out of my mouth. It's usually the S word.  "Mom! language!" is usually what I get. 

These are some of the words that my boys use;

Dang It
What the Hal, Betty

My grandmother used these:
What in the Sam Hill
or
Gol Darn It
or
 Dagnabit

I used to work for a man whose words were:
That's Fucucked


My friend says:
Cheese, Louise
Sunnava Peach



My son, when in grade one, came home and wanted to know what the F word was. I told him it was a bad word and he shouldn't say it.

Him:  "I don't say it - I just think it"
Me: "Oh no, don't think it or one day you will accidently say it!"  

Him:  "What is it?"

 I told him. 

Him: "I know the word mom, what does it mean!"

Me:  "It means go ask your dad."



These aren't my cookie bars.  My cookie bars are in the garbage.  This picture came from:
http://www.passion4eating.com/2010/02/chocolate-coconut-cookie-bars/

Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar Recipe

2 Eggs
1 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
2/3 cup Softened Butter
1 tsp Vanilla
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Salt
2/3 cup Chocolate Chips
1 1/2 cup Flour
Mix all ingredients together and bake in a 11" x 15"  sheet pan for 25 minutes at 315 deg F.  (Thats not a typo it really is 315 deg F)  Remove from oven. Cool and cut into squares.


I'm going into the kitchen now to make another batch.  Wish me luck.


I wonder, if you say a swear word in another language is it still rude?

No comments: