Saturday 2 April 2011

Pottery Glazes and The Shelf of Shame


http://johanlopes.net/before-i-die-in-new-orleans


I would write, on this wall, the following:
"get a cone 6 glaze mix for my pottery that will never let me down" 

Maybe it's like making a cake, six people can use the same recipe and all six cakes taste different.  I've blamed my kiln (I even made a kiln god - but he doesn't scare away the fire dragons.)

Kiln God That Doesn't Do It's Job!

I've blamed the dipping,  I've blamed the sprayer, I've blamed my scale, I blame the recipe provider, I blame the color of the clay.   The end result is that I have lots of pottery that belongs on my "shelf of shame".   I keep it, I tell myself, to gauge my progression but I think, in the back of my mind, that I might not get any better than I am now and that this is as good as it gets! 


Shelf of Shame



Maybe I should have paid more attention to the periodic table and chemistry class!


Witch Hazel -Smells Nice - Has Nothing To Do With Pottery !

No comments: