Sunday 26 June 2011

The 50/ 50 Rule

The 50/50/90 rule: Anytime you have a 50/50 chance of getting something right, there’s a 90% probability you’ll get it wrong.

 Today I told my husband I would recover the drivers seat in our boat.  It had a few splits in it and I thought before it got too bad I should fix it.  I'm not sure what hallucination I had that made me think I could do this, but it is a job far beyond my abilities.

Before I could go back and say "I changed my mind"  there he was with the upholstery removed from the seat and  handing it over to me.

oh oh

Boating season has already begun and it is very short.  A drivers seat is a necessity.

So I did what any sane person would do. I poured a lemonade and went and sat on the deck in the sun for about thirty minutes wondering how much a new boat seat would cost.

Then I tackled the job.

About an hour and a half and the seat is together - it should look like  this:



It doesn't - it is much smaller.
Getting the foam in and stapling it to the frame will be like me trying to wedge myself in a pair of pants that are two sizes too small.  They might go on but the end result will not be attractive.

I am hoping for a miracle.

Meantime here are some photos of Bluenose mountain and my yard


Wild Lupins on Bluenose Mountain






View from the top of Bluenose looking down on the community we live in.







Peonies in my back yard

Peonies in my house


 Poppies in my back yard



Poppies in my front yard




This is a picture of the spinach slaw salad that I posted a recipe for last week - yum.  I think it's the dressing that makes this salad so delicious.
We finished the retaining wall.

And finally this is the dog Archie doing his second most favorite thing.









3 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

holy cats, what gorgeous pics!

mermaid gallery said...

great shots...our gardens are in tune...i have the same things in blossom...Archie is a doll........

OneCraftyFox said...

I love your sense of humor, you totally make me laugh and smile every time I visit.

Your photos are completely gorgeous, the salad looks delish and doggie is all sorts of cuteness.

Have a wonderful week!!