Monday 15 August 2011

Raspberries and Salsa and Mysterious Weight Gain





I was having trouble figuring out why, when picking raspberries, I had the sudden and intense urge to make and eat  fresh salsa.  Everyday when I went out there I had to abandon picking part way through to make, and eat, this salsa.  With chips.  

Yesterday it dawned on me.  
The raspberry patch is right next to the herb garden which is full of cilantro.

Wonderful Cilantro!

Mystery solved! and man is that salsa delicious.






3 comments:

Mark said...

Starving! And all I got is store bought salsa. That's okay, I don't know the difference.
Your Friend, m.

Glamour Drops said...

Ah yes it has a smell unlike any other herb! We call it coriander in Australia (it took me ages to work out what this cilantro thing was in American cookbooks....lol). I throw it into anything and everything - from Mexican, to Spanish, to Thai, to Italian. And one of the simplest pleasures in life, I reckon, is fresh wholegrain bread with crumbly cheddar cheese, mango chutney and lots and lots of this delicious herb. Virginia x

Gary's third pottery blog said...

wait, girl, did I miss a recipe?????