Tuesday 16 August 2011

Here's the Recipe, Gary. Enjoy!


Fresh Salsa
3 tbsp finely chopped Onion (red, white, yellow - doesn’t matter)
2  - 3 cloves Garlic, also finely chopped
3 large ripe Tomatoes, (peeled and seeded) cut into bite size chunks and preferably fresh from the garden
2 hot Peppers, finely chopped (lots of people use jalapeno but I use cayenne or thai chilis)
2 to 3 tbsp fresh Cilantro (coriander) rough chop
1 tsp Chili Powder
½ tsp Cumin
1 1/2 to 2 tbsp Lime juice (Lemon juice works well also)
1 pinch white Sugar
Salt and Pepper to taste (I use lemon pepper)
 Wash veg, peel, chop, dice and add to large bowl.  This is the base recipe and you can eat this with corn chips or baked flour tortilla chips or with a spoon but you can also add stuff to change up the flavor like Corn, diced Papaya or Mango, Kiwi, crumbled Feta Cheese, Roasted Bell Peppers, or my favorite – Avocado!  I usually add 2/3 to 1 cup.  Sometimes I will add two of the ingredients but not usually more than two.

I also make some  pretty good chips to eat with this salsa although you can eat this as a side serving with chicken, pork, fish, quesadillas, garlic toast, eggs, ice cream,  meat loaf - this list goes on and on .   
The recipe for the chips is a few posts back on Crisps, Fruit and Newts – and no, there are no newts in the recipe.

Let me know how you change it up this salsa recipe so I can try other options too!

1 comment:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

oh NICE! Gotta find the chips recipe too, thank yoooooou! all this stuff is so abundant now in gardens, its salsa time!!!!!!!!!!!