Wednesday 21 December 2011

Bah Humbug

The oven repair man just called me from my house to say he has to order the part for my oven.

"It should be here by Friday", he says.

"There will be another $85 service call and an additional $70 travel charge", he adds.

"Plus the cost of the part."

"I'll try to have your oven working for Christmas", he offers.

"Or I can lend you my turkey deep fryer."


Thanks, Oven Repairman.  Really.   I do know it's not your fault my oven stopped working 5 days before Christmas.

5 comments:

Mark said...

You're so lucky to get a new oven part for Christmas.
See, I try to look at the bright side. I try!
m.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Maybe this is the Universe's way of telling you to have cereal and milk for Xmas dinner?

Glamour Drops said...

Salad anyone?

You just gotta laugh. What else can you do? Virginia xx

Gary's third pottery blog said...

crappitycrapcrap......I s'pose that simply serving cheeze it crackers and peanut butter sandwiches won't do for your celebration...

Busy Bee Suz said...

Wow...NOT good news.
I hope he gets it fixed, in the end, it will be worth the $$. Unless you are open for Chinese food?
Best of luck!