Sunday 9 September 2012

When the Chips are Down



Pinterest.

I love Pinterest.

I find all sorts of recipes, pottery and art, humor, clothes styles, interior and exterior decorating, gardening, and DIY.  I love  DIY. 
These pinners make everything look so easy to do.

I also love to cook and bake.  And eat.

I think eating is my number one favorite thing.

I have been saving receipes to my Boards and today had a wee corner of time in which to try one of my saved and  treasured recipes from Pinterest.
Sweet Potato and Beet Chips.


The outcome?

Sad.
Common sense should have told me that 35 minutes at 350 deg was not a good choice.


The repinned recipe was supposed generate crispy and delicious (as well as nutritious) chips.
 Or so said several other pinners.

 Apparently they, like I, pinned it before they tried it.



I don't think "chips" should bend this easily.
I couldn't leave them in the oven longer as they were taking on that ever-so-nasty burnt taste.
 


And then I found this Pinterest fail site.  You know the kind - how it should be and how it is.
 http://www.pinterestfail.com/

I need to post my chips there.


Here's what the supposed-to-be crispy beet and sweet potato chips look like.

They  look like failure.


They also taste like failure.

I wonder if the hundred other recipes and DIY's I pinned there are also useless.

Really though, they look like they would be so good.
I'm so easily fooled.

Maybe I'll put a Post-It note on my computer..... "Remember the Beet Chips!"

4 comments:

Mark said...

Wow, you're right, they do look sad. I came out of my blogging break for this? ha!
Oh well, at least you tried!
m.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh dear. Guess like everywhere else, you can't believe all that you read on Pinterest! Better luck next time!

Joanne Noragon said...

I hope you find a good recipe. Other bloggers talk about their marvelous beet chips.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Lolo could contribute enough of those pinterest fail posts that the internet would blow up! LOL
I give you an A+ for effort!!!!